Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Risk of Flight

You’ll never be good enough
You’re just a burden
No one wants to have you around
Why try? You’ll only fail
You’re just a failure
Don’t say anything, you’ll just look stupid
No matter what you do, you’ll always be rejected


My heart trembles as it seeks a way out of this prison of words, of lies.


A voice booms
“The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me…
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners

~ Isaiah 61:1 (NIV)

The whispers fight back…

It’s too good to be true
You’re not worth rescuing
You’ll never be redeemed
It’s a trick, you’ll open up your heart and end up more hurt than if you had just stayed here


Like a bird who has never known freedom, I freeze and tremble… Dare I take the risk? This cage may be torture, but its known torture… “freedom” my heart whispers, dare I fly for freedom? Dare I let go of my familiar chains and learn how to fly? Dare I risk it?


*deep breath, attempt to calm fluttering heart*

I take wing, trusting in the truth of His word.

“If the Lord delights in a man’s way he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.

~ Psalm 37:23-24 (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment